Pages

Friday, March 2, 2018

Sweet Girl by Cristin Harber


20762528


(Titan, #1.5)

Oh. My. Goodness. Can Cristin Harber tell a story!!! I fell in love with Cash and Nic in Garrison's Creed and was thrilled to learn that Cristin intended on giving us a prequel to share their history.

I knew from reading Garrison's Creed that Sweet Girl wasn't going to have an HEA - we get that in GC - and because of that I was a mix of thoroughly enjoying the beginning stages of their relationship and anxiously wanting to avoid the pain I knew was coming at the end. I loved experiencing the story from both Cash and Nic's POV - and while I thought that I'd be more emotionally drawn to Cash's reaction at the end... it was Nic's actions at the end that completely gutted and crushed me! However, I'll take the pain because the beauty and the fun of the good times (and their first date!) made up for it!

Thanks, Cristin, for sharing this prequel with us!! Whether it's read after or before Garrison's Creed, Sweet Girl enhances and provides a stronger emotional depth and connection to Cash and Nic. I couldn't help but appreciate the drama and the connection between the two of them in Garrison's Creed after experiencing Sweet Girl.