Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Capture My Heart by Rosanne Bittner


34604614



Rosanne Bitter continues to capture my heart with each new story she writes, and I find myself always wanting more, never wanting the story to end.

Capture My Heart takes us on Two Wolves and Claire's journey to their happily ever after, fighting prejudice, lies, evil, and even their own hearts for a time. I loved Two Wolves - his attitude and strength in knowing who he is and what is true and right, and proving to Claire and himself over and over again, he's the man for her. Claire had an inner strength that complimented Two Wolves and she quickly found herself by his side, the perfect match for him. As I often find myself when reading RB books, I was swept away by the love story and then later I would be peeking through my fingers needing to know what happened next, but yet, not wanting them to have to experience the scary and bad stuff - although without all that, we'd not see how they came through the other side, stronger and more in love than ever.

While the historical setting made my heart ache, RB delivers a history lesson about our American West in an enjoyable way. I can't help but hurt seeing that even after all these years through to today, the same hatred and prejudice is well and alive today.