Pages

Monday, March 19, 2018

Desperate Hearts by Rosanne Bittner


21996372


Desperate Hearts is the story of Elizabeth/Emma running away from a horrible event and finding herself the focus of the very swoon-worthy vigilante sheriff Mitch Brady.

Emma delighted me in her innocence and desire to find a way to protect herself, despite her inability to fully do so. But when she finally realized she had someone to lean on and help carry her burden, she fully gave of herself and her heart. She also learned not to worry about what others thought of her and who was truly "proper" to be friends with.

Mitch's unwavering desire to claim and protect Emma (and really, his heart to protect *all* women) and his commanding presence captured my heart and endeared him to me tightly. I loved being there to watch him be the tough, strong, alpha man, but yet know when and how to treat Emma with tenderness.

I have only a few authors who I enjoy reading historical romance stories from - and Rosanne Bittner continues to remain at the top of the list! I love how she draws me in, makes me fall for her characters, places me firmly in another time and place, and leaves me with a smile on my heart. Thank you, Rosanne, for another beautiful story!!