Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Fast Fury by Kaylea Cross


37839239 


(DEA FAST #5)

It's been a while since I read a Kaylea Cross book -- not for lack of not wanting to, but you know those tbr piles grow quickly. When I saw the excerpt KC shared on her website for Fast Fury, I knew that I'd have to read this one ASAP. And I'm so thrilled I did. Even not reading any other of the DEA Fast books, I followed along well and now I'm more anxious to catch up on the other's stories and am looking forward to others.

I adored Abby and Kai's hea. Their connection sparked off the pages and the way they read each other and cared for the other and took care of the other was beautiful to experience. Throw in some family drama, a drug cartel, and a few more twists and turns and your breath will stutter in your chest and you gotta work to not read too fast and miss something.

I love the feeling I get from reading Kaylea Cross's stories - from the swoony-happy-sigh heas, to the emotions I face with the antagonists - and I'm looking forward to making my way through more of her books.