Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Do Not Forsake Me - Rosanne Bittner


23510084

Outlaw Hearts book 2



I can still see the bookshelf in the library when I was a teen and pulling down a worn copy of Outlaw Hearts by Rosanne Bittner. It was the first adult romance book I remember reading. And from that moment, Jake and Randy have always been a constant favorite; Jake being someone I compare other heroes to. I was thrilled to discover when Outlaw Hearts would be released in Kindle format, Rosanne would also be releasing a sequel (Do Not Forsake Me) and then shortly after that, it was announced a 3rd book to make a Jake trilogy would be released. I was over the top excited to get more of Jake and Randy's story!

Once I got started reading Do Not Forsake Me, I struggled with putting it down... I just *had* to know what happened next! And what a ride I took! *swoon* Between feeling the intense love and desire and possession from Jake, the sweet enduring love and devotion and strength from Randy, the giggles from Little Jake, the nail-biting-edge-of-my-seat overwhelming feels from the adventures and trials and scares.... I was all over the place and loving every second! There's so much good feels that if I really tried to explain how much I loved this story, I'd be giving it all away. You just have to read it for yourself and fall in love with them too!

"Who do you belong to?"
"Jake Harkner."
"You bet your ass. I own every beautiful inch of you."
"And I own you, Jake Harkner."
*swoon* 

This is definitely Jake's story - healing, forgiveness, redemption, beauty. 

The ending was perfect in that you know it is a HEA for now, but you also know which door is open for the last book (Love's Sweet Revenge) in the trilogy. There's just a bit more to work through before Jake, Randy, and the kids and grandkids all get their forever HEA. 

Thank you, Ms. Rosanne, for the escape you provided with Jake and Randy - I love them even more now than before. And I'll anxiously but patiently wait till September 2016 for Love's Sweet Revenge!