Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

A Reason to Live by CP Smith


26883786


(Reason, #3)

CP Smith has done it again! She's written a heroine I can't help but bond with and a hero I can't help but swoon over!!

I enjoyed how in this one there's a bit of a different feel to it - Sage pursues Shane more at the beginning while he works through his thing, but once his eyes are opened to what's in front of him, OH MY, watch out!! There's also a little bit more of a serious under-tone to this story as compared to the others in the series (which totally works for this couple), but it's balanced out nicely with the appearances of Maxine (GOD, I love that woman! I so want to be her when I grow up!), Max, Mia, and (squee!!) Jack and Jenn. But this story nicely finishes out the series and leaves a satisfied feeling in my heart.

There's a couple of sweet twists I wasn't expecting that made my heart burst with happiness. There was also a few scary-wasn't-quite-expecting-that moments too. Shane and Sage delivered on all the feels: I giggled, cried, swooned, freaked, shivered, lost my breath, got it back, and lost it again.

CP has a habit of providing some nuggets of truth in her stories and she didn't fail to include them in here - what's important in life, how you see yourself, among a few others. It's those deeper things that help made a d*** good story all the better!

This is definitely not a book to be missed!! It was a wonderful escape and a journey I'll willingly take over and over again. Beautiful way to tie everyone and everything together!!