Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Fighting to Forgive by JB Salsbury


20696523


(Fighting, #2)

After reading Fighting for Flight and meeting Blake, I couldn't wait to read his book and glad I didn't have too long to wait.

Jamie continues to create a detailed UFL world and keeps me hooked in deep from the first page to the end. You can tell how real these characters are to her and see how much she loves them and teaches us to love them just as much!

Layla captured my heart from the beginning - I couldn't imagine living through what she experienced and staying as strong and put together as she was - and raising a daughter on her own. My heart broke for Blake's childhood history, but it made him grow into the man he was, so despite the pain, it was worth it. Blake's protective instincts and his desire to take care of Layla and her daughter catches early and doesn't give up, even when it appears to.

I love watching how Blake and Layla learn that they need to forgive others as well as themselves to be able to move forward and allow healing to happen. There's some deep issues touched on here, along with some great truths (love and forgiveness) that's expressed hand-in-hand with the romance story. This made me feel so many emotions as I was reading it.

Yet again, Jamie's written a book that'll remain on my favorites shelf and be re-read over and over again!