Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Desert Princess by Jill Eileen Smith


17742870

The Loves of King Solomon, #1

I've been looking for something different, something more uplifting and thought provoking. The Desert Princess definitely did the trick and got me out of my reading rut!! I had forgotten how much I enjoy Bible based novels and this one was a great one to get back into the genre with.

Despite it's short length, I totally connected with Naamah and Solomon - their young love and how quickly the reality of being a princess married to a King-to-be came crashing in. I felt every conflict Naamah had with facing that reality and was intrigued and pleased to see how Solomon responded to her and their marriage.

This, as other biblically based stories, made me reach for my Bible to get more of the story - and allowed me to picture more details as I read.