Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Sommersgate House by Kristen Ashley

(Ghosts and Reincarnation, #2)


Giggle -- Here's a story for you:

(from Jan 23, 2015 post to KA)

So I started reading Sommersgate House for the first time this week. I'm not a huge fan of scary ghost stories. Like, I get nightmares and paranoid reactions... It's a mix of sad and funny really. Anyways, I knew I still wanted to try out your ghost series (it's the only books of yours I've got left to read) I read Penmort Castle and absolutely fell in love!! Plus, no nightmares!! Woohoo!! Let's move to the next book. Great start, no worries... I got to the point in Sommersgate where Julia starts feeling the cold draft.... Again, ok, I can do this, no problem. Then EEEKKK!! she's hearing and seeing a man trying to get in through the bedroom window???? OK so that's a bit scary, but (deep breath in, and out) keep going. It's about midnight, I'm sleepy, but really want to finish the chapter. Just as I turn off the light and roll over, my dogs leap up and start barking!! I sit up fast, look out the window and see a shadow of a man with his arms up!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!! Dogs settle, I try to breathe.... And look again. The light across the street is on, shining through the trees in the front yard, which just happen to form this shadowy type figure against the window with the thick trunk and branches. Whew!!! Boy, this book might just get to me. Haha!!! Despite that, I'm gonna keep preserving through. I'm loving the story! Can't wait to see how Douglas convinces Julia to marry him. Besides him just being used to having his orders obeyed. And anyways, if I'm gonna get scared by something, who better to freak out with than a KA alpha?? Haha!! He can handle me!


Needless to say, I adored this story!! Definitely Kristen Ashley's version of scary ghost stories are ones I can enjoy even while totally freaked out! haha!