Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

One Magic Night by Cheryl Pierson


24039613


I used to not be a huge fan of short stories/novelettes, but I adore insta-love stories when they're done right. Then I discovered that Cheryl Pierson knows how to deliver the kind of insta-love story I need and do it condensed into a novelette. I simply needed to let go and just fall into the story and believe that anything is possible, and that forever-love can be found and claimed in a single night (and allow my imagination to flow).

Katrina and Shay have a huge hurdle to jump over: prejudice in the town because of his Indian blood. But from the first glance, these two knew they found their missing halves. Throw in a little family drama, a little town gossip, some old-fashioned morals, and a little bit of glowing magic, and you got yourself a magical hea night.

Plus, knowing there's a little bit more of history to the story than just the author's imagination (think real life, people!) made this even more of a treasured read.