Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride by Kati Wilde


36501409


What a DELIGHTFUL surprise I got when I cracked open this book! (tapped open??? guess if I cracked my tablet screen it wouldn't have been nearly as delightful).

I've not read a fantasy/medieval type of story in years and landing in Kael and Anja's world to journey with them to their hea became an obsession where I couldn't put down the book. Their dance around each other was tension filled in the best of ways, despite the misunderstandings. But once the walls between them cracked a little, watch them tumble!

I also was thrilled with this story because of how deeply I experienced the world. It takes a special kinda of story and writing to make me EXPERIENCE the scary, the intensity, the strength, the power of the emotions and events. This story did it in spades!

But you know what also struck me as special about this story? There were beautiful nuggets of truth scattered among the pages that hit me in the gut - and I hope everyone was affected as I was and take them to heart, because the true magic that was shared -- that's something we all need to embody.

“Love and kindness are the most powerful of all magics—and not only for the one who gives, but also for whom the magic is bestowed upon. So love is nothing to dread or fear.”

I'm really hoping that Kati Wilde continues to expand upon the fantasy world she created because I want to go back!