Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Complicated by Kristen Ashley

May 14, 2017

Just finished and am so overwhelmed by the awesomeness I've just lived and breathed for the last week or so while in McCook county NE. Complicated is *everything* I love about a KA book and more. I felt every little thing and reacted to it all out loud: giggles, tears, anxiousness and fear, delight and happy sighs. I was as invested in every plot line, whether the murder mystery or the romance of Hix and Greta, or the handful of other threads included. I fell in love with the kids (goodness, KA can write some awesome kids!) and with Andy. Greta and Hix settled deep in too, with everything that was them. I enjoyed that more of the story was told from Hix's pov, but we still got what we needed from Greta to fully round out the story.

Complicated is the perfect kind of complicated I love to escape into. I'm beyond thrilled with what KA gifted us with when she shared Hix and Greta with us. I can't wait to not only listen to this again (loved the narrators!) but experience it again in November when the ebook is released.

May 3, 2017

oh. my. GOSH!

I'm not even to chapter 4 yet and I'm already absolutely LOVING THIS!!! Hix has totally stolen my heart! Goodness!! OLD SCHOOL KA!

It's different listening to a book I haven't read yet, but I'm finding myself still able to get lost in the story and completely enjoying it!

~~~~~~~~~~

This is just for me, wanted to keep it as it was kinda another review, but didn't want to try to mash it up above.

Kristen, I finished Complicated this afternoon and have to say... I LOVED it! It's got to be in my top 10 (if not 5... or maybe even 3) fav KA books. I simply adore Hix, Greta, and the kids and Andy. Stories like this are what fill me up and give me the perfect escape and reminders of the nuggets of truth you share in there: family, communication, love, determination, strength, beauty, hope, and more. You also gifted me with all the emotions I love to be overwhelmed with, making me literally laugh out loud, cry, smile, squee, desire to swoon (since I listed alot in my car, thankfully no literal swoons were to be had), tense and grit my teeth (my masseuse will thank you next week whenever I go in and she tries to unknot all the knots I tangled up. hehe!), happy sighs, and more. Book hangover for sure! Thank you so much, for giving us Hix and Greta's story. I couldn't have asked for a better book to escape into this last week. Pure beauty: simple and as uncomplicated as that.