Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Between Love and Lies by Jacqui Nelson


22895263 

(Gambling Hearts #1)


This book is one wild ride! Noah and Sadie definitely had some hurdles to jump through to get to their happily ever after. Sadie was one strong, stubborn woman, determined to keep her web of lies in tact but not realizing that in some ways, she was sabotaging herself in the process by not truly trusting herself, or Noah. Noah had some ghosts of his own he had to deal with, and then when he realized the depths of his desire to protect and rescue Sadie, both from outsides sources and herself, boy, did he have his hands full trying to juggle it all! I enjoyed watching them fall in love and how they both truly cared and tried to protect the other, even to a fault. I understood why Sadie kept trying to keep her secrets, but I do wish she trusted herself and Noah earlier - it would have saved her some heartache. I liked how Noah kept trying to figure out how he could keep Sadie in his life, but sometimes in his desire to do things right, I think he also handed himself some heartache he didn't really need. Overall, I enjoyed my time in Dodge, getting to see who the real heroes were, seeing Sadie fulfill her promises and having good win over all, and watching two people who truly needed and love each other make it through to their reward.