Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Promise by Kristen Ashley

(The 'Burg, #5)

I enjoyed getting to experience Ben and Frankie's story. It was different enough from the rest of the KA books that it gave you a new taste, but yet it was still clearly a KA story, with all the feels and emotions and beauty you've come to expect.

I loved seeing how Frankie's view of herself changed, and how she realized how she looked and felt about herself was way different than how others saw her (well, the others who truly mattered). That realization, along with seeing it reflected in other people (Joe towards is girls, Luke towards his girls, etc.) was beautiful to watch bloom - both in her and (hopefully) in yourself as a reader.

As much as I loved Ben and Frankie, I absolutely *adored* getting more of Joe and Vi's story. To me it completed their HEA beautifully! Oh and when Mr. Luke Stark showed up?? Swoon! :)