Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Knight on the Texas Plains by Linda Broday

(Texas Heroes Book 1)

Duel, Jessie, and Marley Rose quietly snuck into my heart and nestled deep in this beautiful story! These three lost and lonely individuals found the love and comfort in each other, creating a family all their own. There's so much beauty that flowed from the pages from all the characters - even including Luke, Pops, Vicki, and others, that I felt overwhelmed with it -- and it's just what my heart needed while escaping into this book.

Marley Rose is such a sweet little girl who stole my heart with how she became the first chain link to unite Duel to his Jessie. She also provided many giggles with her love for her goat and dog.

Jessie was such an intriguing mix of vulnerability and strength. She wasn't weak and destroyed despite her horrific past. Duel provided her with the space and grace she needed to recover, along with a comforting hand up, to get back on her feet - before he swept her off her feet, of course!

Duel was a surprise for me. His tender heart was exposed first in how he immediately claims Marley Rose and Jessie under his protection, but then his presence flowed off the pages. I love how he's a quiet man, but yet, under that quiet, there's a powerful intensity that you don't want stirred in a bad way -- but oh, once that intensity was riled in a good way, I got butterflies in my belly!! Well, and honestly, watching that same intensity when he was protecting his women was a sight to behold!

This story provided all the feels I like in my books and will be treasured and revisited often.