Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Twice a Texas Bride by Linda Broday

(Bachelors of Battle Creek, #2)


Rand and Callie's story took me on an adventure that captured my heart from page one and refused to let go till I reached the end - and I still didn't want to leave them yet!

Rand is very much confident in himself (believes he knows his mind) and once he decides what he wants (even if he doesn't realize deep down he's doing it or why he's doing it), he does whatever it takes to get it -- even being ever patient and gentle with Callie. Loved watching him fall for Callie and open his heart to her.

Callie..... Callie was a lady filled with beauty, even if she believed she was damaged. While she kept thinking she was beyond repair and on her own (mostly), she also fell under Rand's protection and bloomed brilliantly.

The twists and turns in the drama/action part of the story kept me biting my nails and anxiously awaiting good to win. And while you know it ultimately will (HEA after all!), the journey to get there was rocky and sometimes scary. But that just made it worth it all the more!

Watching their family grow warmed my heart. The themes of family in Linda Broday's books have touched something deep in me -- they bond together not because of blood, but because they just choose to. They build a family that works. And I love seeing how this theme is carried through.

I've discovered another favorite book by Linda Broday that will be treasured and reread often.