Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Lord of the Jungle by Sheri Fredricks


30751135
(Jungle Island #1)

When I got this book, all I knew was the cover demanded my attention (something about the green wild look to it, the intense but slightly hidden look from her and the protective blocking of him), and the blurb definitely intrigued me:
Shipwrecked on an uncharted island, Jane is rescued by a wildman and learns the true meaning of Jungle fever.

Huh.... alright! Let's crack 'er open and see where I venture off to!

I had to pause a couple chapters into it. I was enjoying myself but wasn't feeling as quite deeply embedded in the story as I had hoped. I paused and realized 2 things:
1. I needed to remember this is a fantasy story and let my imagination flow with the story (I don't normally read fantasy type stories so this was a new mind-set I needed to embrace).
2. If this is a fantasy and anything goes, why couldn't I react the way Jane was? Yeah, I sure could... and would.

Once I allowed myself to let go and enter a fantasy world... I was caught in Tarzan's arms and didn't want released! I really enjoyed seeing their connection and how some things were just nature and raw and instant and wild. I was cringing seeing that I was getting closer to the end because I wasn't quite ready for their story to end yet!!

This is a novellette - so there's a cliffy ending (and I'm BEGGING for their HEA soon!! and I was informed it won't be too long of a wait for the 2nd part! Good thing!).

This was my first Sheri Fredricks story and it won't be my last.