Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

The Cowboy Who Came Calling by Linda Broday

(Texas Heroes #2)

These McClain men.... Oh do I fall hard for them. Luke was amazing in his devotion, his determination, his care and attention to Glory, her family, and the situations surrounding them. Almost to a fault. That poor guy! But he embodied his beliefs and his love wholeheartedly. I adored him 110%.

Glory both had my affection and drove me nuts with her stubbornness. Her strength and her ability to never give up or give in were hugely admirable. I just wish she would have saved both her and Luke some pain and frustration by choosing to let him in earlier than what she did - although when she redeemed herself to me, she did it huge! She sure made Luke work hard to win her over. Her grit and determination to survive no matter the trials put before her was amazing to watch her survive and thrive through.

I was super excited to see Duel and Jessie make an appearance, and the help they so generously shared warmed my heart.

I appreciate how some issues with Glory were dealt with, and how Luke showed a love stronger than most in helping her with those issues.

If you're a fan of historical westerns, if you love a lawman, if you love it when the heroines aren't physically perfect (but to their men, they are), this is a story you don't want to miss.