Pages

Friday, February 16, 2018

Reese by Lori Handeland


27226187


(Rock Creek Six, #1)

I first read this book years ago and this year decided to do some rereads of favorite historical western books. The Rock Creek Six series was one of the first ones added to my to-be-reread list. The 2nd read was just as good, if not better than the first!

I loved watching Mary find the courage to track down Reese and convince him that her "everything" was worth it. Then when the hired guns arrive in Rock Creek and do what hired guns do?? Better watch out! Lori Handeland and Linda Devlin did an excellent job of world building - I felt drawn into the story and clearly saw the town brought to life around me, filled with all sorts of characters that one can't help but fall in love with - or hate!

I adored watching Reese and Mary fall for each other and find their happily ever after. So sweet and beautiful! They both had an inner strength that complimented each other well.

I'm looking forward to reading through the remainder of the series again!