Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Comanche Moon - Catherine Anderson

8131317
Comanche book 1

Hunter and Loretta's story totally enthralled me and swept me away back to 1800s Texas. Once I got started and captured in the story, it was very disorienting to be jerked back into real life whenever I had to put the book down! So, I didn't step away from their story often if I could help it. :)

Hunter and Loretta both had heartbreaking pasts, which explained their struggles in their relationship at the beginning with acceptance and trust (well, and he kinda-sorta kidnapped her, that doesn't help matters much. haha!). And while I understood where they both were coming from, my intense feeling of both their struggles and fears and heartache was crushing. I so needed to see them to their happily ever after, even if just to ease my heart as well! Each step closer to them realizing the love they had for each other, and the trust and patience the other needed was a balm - and I'm so glad that both seemed to learn quickly enough, even though sometimes it wasn't quick enough for me (but it was right for *them*). Watching the prophesy come to pass was a bittersweet beautiful and tragic journey, one that as much as I wanted to see their destiny come to pass, I was also fearful of how it would arrive. 

This is a book that'll stick with me for a long time. Definitely one for my favorites shelf!