Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Burn Me anthology


36591624


I wasn't expecting each story to be just the first part of a future book - and I'm kinda torn on that. On one end, I'm not a fan of cliffys, unless I know to expect them - so a heads-up about that would have been appreciated. But alternately, it's cool to get a taste of several stories and know that YAY! - more will be coming (because isn't that always the complaint on short story/novella anthologies: we readers always want more)!!

Burning Bridges by Mayra Statham
Mayra Statham is the reason why I picked up this anthology - I've adored all her stories I've read so far and Burning Bridges is a fun story right along with the rest. Mav and Sophia meet, but it turns out, he's her older brothers best friend, so all of a sudden, they're forbidden. And y'all know what happened with the forbidden fruit, right? Stolen tastes lead to more..... I'm definitely looking forward to how this all works out.

Adrenaline Rush by Shantel Tessier
This was my first exposure to Shantel Tessier and let me say.... I cannot WAIT to get the rest of Reagan and Karter's story - especially with how we're left hanging. I'm looking forward to watching Karter earn his HEA.

*will add more as I continue through the book*