Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Christmas Cowboy by Shanna Hatfield

(Rodeo Romance, #1)

The Christmas Cowboy is a charming tale gifting us with the sweetness of Tate and Kenzie.

This was my first story I read by Shanna Hatfield and I was impressed with how quickly the story hooked me, kept my attention, made me feel all the emotions and struggles and joys of the characters, and made the sparks sizzle and burn between the couple, but still kept things clean and sweet (think, a habenero berry jelly -- there's some addictive spicy kick behind all that sweet!).

Tate swept me away with how real he seemed -- super sweet, but yet, definitely a manly-man: protective, loving, determined. I wouldn't mind being around men like Tate in real life!
Kenzie adored herself to me with her vulnerability and adorableness, which was good, because her stubbornness about did my heart in at times! And when they both got on the same page, oh did they work well together!

I was pleasantly surprised with how the story played out with the various twists and turns (and not just from the bucking horses!) and the depth of the story despite the easy reading kinda feel. I'm looking forward to discovering more of Shanna Hatfield's stories.