Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Calling Birds by Jacqui Nelson


36668853

Jacqui Nelson continues her unique voice in giving us Jack and Birdie's story. I giggled my way through Jack and Birdie's initial meeting and enjoyed wating them learn to open up and trust each other to fall into their happily ever after. Jack had me swoonin' with his attitude along with how he held himself (leanin' in the door frame? Let me be there, under his arm and gaze, pretty please!), and with the love he had for his grandfather. Birdie took a bit for me to fully connect to, but once she finally got to the place where she was vulnerable and open with Jack, she won me over! Gus.... Grandpa Gus! He made me laugh and smile and want to keep him close. Put all three of them together and it made for a fun book to escape into for an easy Christmas read.

I also enjoyed the tie into Choosing Bravery and how we got to see Birdie's hea in Noelle. She definitely deserved it.