Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Troubled Texan by Phyliss Miranda

Deuce and Rainey's story provided a short and enjoyable read. It was fun watching the two of them reconnect and find their happily-ever-after, even despite some moments where they made me scratch my head in confusion or want to shake them for their actions. But when they were on the same page: heart-melting warm! The plot line with Deuce's mom touched my heart deeply. The suspense thread kept me second-guessing myself through to the end, but it almost seemed to fizzle out for me when we finally figured out who-did-it maybe because it seemed to "easy" or because I guessed who it was from the beginning and all the extra stuff thrown in to keep me off balance was just kinda frustrating/distracting. Overall, this would be a great story to read on a lazy afternoon.