Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Rescuing Rayne by Susan Stoker

(Delta Force Heroes, #1)

Oh my!! This story blasted it's way to the top of my favorites list and (gasp!) even knocked a previous Susan Stoker hero fav down! :)

From the beginning, you felt the anticipation and build up and connection between Rayne and Ghost. Even though their relationship began as a "one night stand" - Susan wrote it so that you definitely felt the "more" that they did, even if Ghost was just too stubborn for his own good the next morning. Shoot, I even felt abandoned the next morning! But how they stayed on each other's minds... so sweet!

Then the event that brought them back together again.... It took my breath away in both a good and bad way (bad, because well, let's be honest, what they went through was horrific!! But good because of the emotions and determination that followed).

Getting to spend time with the other characters in the story both new ones with future books and some previous favorites! Man, I think I fell even harder for Wolf in this story!! The wisdom and get-your-butt-in-gear convos both Wolf and Fletch had with Ghost -- swoon!! -- was awesome -- I'm looking forward to many future stories!! Again, we have a group of guys that take each other's backs, and then enclose the women into their protective embrace. I'm almost jealous for that older brother protection IRL. haha!

The drama and tension both between the couple and from external circumstances was handled perfectly: just the right amount and no unnecessary long drawn out emotional drama. This is what I've come to expect from Susan Stoker and I have faith it'll continue to be that way!

Susan continues to deliver great stories that are a delight to get lost in. Because no matter how much she may torture us with events (um, anyone remember the last few chapters of Dax and Mack's story???), she never fails to follow through with a beautiful HEA. Oh, and just enough of a tease for the next story.

I'm already planning on re-reading this book often!