Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Shielding Gillian by Susan Stoker

Shielding Gillian
Shielding Gillian became one of my favorite Susan Stoker stories.

I loved the maturity and grace and class Gillian embodied. Along with confidence, caring, gentleness. I connected quickly with her and felt wrapped up in her while living out the story.

I adored Walker's protectiveness, strength, wisdom, respect, understanding, compassion. He almost seemed too good to be true at times, but that's what made him all the better! And his always holding Gilly's face in his hands - loved that intimacy.

I always enjoy a book where most of the drama comes from outside sources and once the couple get together (the earlier the better, imo) on the same page, it's them against the world. Yeah they may need to learn each other and have little road bumps, but the bigger drama that moves the story is from outside the couple, and that's what's given to us here.

I was also tickled that for once, I was right in guessing who the bad-guy was and loved watching how my sleuthing was proven correct! lol