Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Her Fierce SEAL by Caitlyn O'Leary

Her Fierce SEAL
Whoa! Every book in the Midnight Delta series just keeps getting better and deeper, wrapping me up tighter into their world. Yet again, I feel like I have another favorite story!

My heart shattered for Finn and the struggles he had to process and accept his actions and the results of their last mission. Experiencing his pain and flashbacks just drove the point home how finite the line is for some protectors and the situations they find themselves in to reconsile the good with the bad. I adored his compassion and his protective instincts, and how he fought through his struggles to be the man Angie needed at her side. I loved how he was determined not to let his PTSD rule his life, and to do what he needed to to work through things and start his journey to healing. I loved watching his brothers-in-arms surround him with the kind of care and attention he needed - they have such an amazing bond.

Angie is a delight with her attitude (hahah, pulling a gun on Finn the first time they meet!! I'm still cracking up over that!), her heart, and her strength. She has a soft core that needs care, but she's also put together enough that she's able to dig deep and be the partner and support Finn needs in his life at this moment. I can't wait to see how these two finish sorting some things out as the series progresses.

I also loved getting to see/meet Declan! I've already read his story, but I can see how Declan's book is connected to this and I loved this little peak at his pre-story. Even though I recently reread Declan's book, now I'm wanting to visit it all over again!

If you love getting a bite of reality along with a treasured HEA in a military romance story, you want not only this book, but the entire Midnight Delta series (and the accomopaning spin-off series/stories). Caitlyn O'Leary is right up there as my favorite military romance author along with Cristin Harber, Natasza Waters, and Kaylea Cross. I adore this world she's given us and I cannot wait to see what's next!