Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Her Guarded Hero by Caitlyn O'Leary

Her Guarded Hero
I adored every single minute of this story and was rather heartbroken to see it come to an end!

Dalton's history wrecked my heart, but it also formed him into the protective, loving, heart-stealing man he became. Even if I didn't agree with some of his convictions about himself, he got his head sorted out quickly. And I fell for him just as quickly and as hard as Aurora did - maybe faster as I didn't have an actual fall preceding my downfall. lol

I adored everything about Aurora - she had wisdom and the best kind of sass all wrapped around a heart of gold. She had the perfect kind of soft-strength to face down the demons Dalton carried and defeat them along side of him.

I loved being out at her family's ranch and getting to meet Gunnar and spend time with the horses (and now I even more so want to find a nearby horse ranch!). I also enjoyed seeing the brotherhood still as strong and devoted as ever - and experience Aurora's trio of best-friend-sisters. Friendship bonds like that are a treasure.

This book touches beautifully on a couple of sensitive topics (grief being a big one) and gives you all the feels to truly experience and understand where they're coming from.

As a stand alone, this is an amazing story, and as part of the Black Dawn world, it's a keeper. Before I was done reading, I knew this book was destined for my all time favorites shelf.