Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Review: One Winter Knight anthology

One Winter Knight

April 2020
Sir Thomas and the Snow Troll by Lindsay Townsend
I just recently finished reading the 2nd book in the Knight and the Witch series by Lindsay Townsend and had fallen in love with Magnus and his Elfrida. When I mentioned my infatuation with the author and desire for more of their stories, I was delighted to discover that there was another story in the One Winter Knight anthology about Sir Thomas, Magnus' son. So I quickly found myself in the gorgeous heat of a spring day reading a winter story. TOTALLY worth it!

Shortly after his father dies, Thomas' mother confesses the truth of his paternity, and in a mix of rage and confusion, Thomas sets off to meet his biological father. Along the way, he runs into Ruth - almost literally - and discovers something even stronger to settle his tumultuous head and heart.

I adored Ruth's strength and attitude, and her willingness to grasp a hold of the goodness she found. I loved Thomas's logic and drive - his sense of honor and ability to quickly claim what he needs and wants out of his life - in all aspects of family.

I loved the concept of soul-father vs biological father and how Magnus welcomed his "prodigal son or not" home. Getting a little more time with Magnus and Elfrida and their gorgeous bond just made this little story all the more perfect for me. Still gotta say.... haha.... I want more!

Dec 2019
Arrow to the Heart by Deborah Macgillivray
I'm really enjoying these little tie-ins to the Dragons of Challon world. This time we two hurting people, both desperate to belong, both desperate to feel security. Fletcher struggled to accept the truth of his place in Coinnler Wood, mostly due to being stuck in his own head, and then fighting off one of his biggest desires: the Lady Geljon. Geljon knew she was safe and desperately sought after that comfort with Fletcher no matter how much he tried to erect barriers between them. She had her own bit of stubbornness and struggled with what was expected of her vs what her heart desired. Loved how it all played out with surprises and twists to give them their hearts' desire.


Dec 2017
My Forever Love by Cheryl Pierson
Logan and Noelle's story warmed me up on a cold winter's night! They were selected for each other in an arranged marriage that both initially faught against. But then after meeting, Logan fell in love with her, while Noelle wasn't aware of everything going on around her. Sweetness and excitement carry through to their happily ever after.

Nov 2018
To Play with Cats by Patti Sherry-Crews
Giggle and swoons!! I was needing something different to knock me out of a book funk and PSC's To Play with Cats story did the trick perfectly!

First, we have a sweet and adorable heroine who reminds me alot of me... Especially in her mobility skills. Lol

Then we have the big, strong, manly hero who needed some time to get his head straightened out (what good hero doesn't have some flaw... Lol), but who still could make me swoon.

Wrap them up snug in a castle with a little bit of drama and excitement and you have a sweet Christmas happily-ever-after for a knight and his lady love.