Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Adrift by Anna Lowe

Adrift I don't know why I took my precious sweet time to read this series after falling in love with the first one, but I'm SO GLAD I dove back in and finished it!

There's so much I loved about this story - the depth of emotions, the amazing spark of connection, the heat that boiled off the page (I mean, it's the Caribbean, yeah?), the sweetness, the protectiveness, the cute. I was so immersed into the story, I felt like I was on the sailboat, running from bad men, hearing the waves, feeling the wind, living in the moment surrounded by island live. I also loved the encouragement and little nuggets of truth that hit me deep - I super connected with Meredith and needed to hear and believe some of the same things.

This whole series is a top winner for me! Definitely some fun summer-time-deck-soaking-up-the-sunshine reading!


Life can be beautiful, sweetheart. Make sure you let that joy in.

She blinked, then locked those sea-blue eyes on his and hung on. Hung on like he was all she needed to escape this mess.

“Don’t overthink this,” he murmured as he swept her into a hug. A nice, tight, You’ll be safe with me hug that made her mind go blissfully blank.