Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Code Name: War of Stones by Natasza Waters


39979651


(A Warrior's Challenge series Book 7)

It's been a day and a half since I read the last page of one of my most highly anticipated books from one of my most favorite authors ever, and the book hangover is still gripping me with a SEAL-like determination. I am struggling to find the right words to express just how PERFECT this book is with all the emotions, the story, the adventure, the people (aka characters who I'm convinced are real), everything.

Sloan is the daughter of a SEAL legend and has embodied the best of both of her parents. She's tough, stubborn, hilarious, and brave, all wrapped around a soft spot.

Damon owns and breathes the heart of a warrior and everything that encompasses. I definitely would want him to have my six and my 12 and any other direction every and any time.

I loved everything in this story from catching up with Alpha team, seeing how the families have grown up, experiencing the intense terrifying roller-coaster of a ride of Operation Skirt's Down (truly a sadistic and heinous mission). And then getting to feel all the good, sweet moments wrap all around it, making the heart-wrenching moments all the more worth it for the treasure you get at the end.

I'm thinking this book has become my favorite of the series, but then when I look at any of the previous 6 books, they all are worthy of that title as well. You cannot go wrong by reading and experiencing the adventure and happily-ever-afters Natasza Waters share in her stories.