Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

Code Name: Ghost by Natasza Waters


26594949

(A Warrior's Challenge, #1)

OH MY GOODNESS.

Two weeks later and I'm still lost in this story and am planning on my next re-read right before book 2 comes out in November!! (and am keeping my eye out for those bridge chapter(s)!) So glad when this book caught my eye in the Kindle Recommended reads - because this has got to be one of the best stories I've read.... ever!

Once I started this book, I couldn't look away! Kayla captured my heart and Thane, well... I want Thane (sorry, Kayla! You're gonna have to share!). So much of this story touches my heart. I have the biggest soft spot for military men/women and their families - I know life in/around the military is a huge struggle, and that there's something so much deeper than all the glam and frosting people tend to get caught up in. CNG brings so much of that reality out! While I sometimes want to holler at Thane and Kayla and tell them to just give in already, I can *totally* understand why they're acting the way they are!! The story is so much deeper than just the romance and fluff that so many military romance novels contain - and I greatly appreciate that! I absolutely love how their relationship grew slowly, even though the sparks flew from day one!

I felt just about every emotion along with them - I was crying, laughing, stressing, groaning (in frustration... oh, that still don't sound right! haha!), freaking out (I finished the book during a severe night thunderstorm, and was just a tad bit jumpy at the noises outside!).

I enjoyed building up friendships with the other members of Team One and look forward to their stories as well!

And I had to giggle - with as much complains about the ending (cliff hanger) I did go in with my eyes open - so maybe that's why it didn't bother me so much. Then again, sometimes I rather enjoy cliffys, and this one wasn't as bad as what I was thinking it was going to be!