Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

Code Name: Kayla's Fire by Natasza Waters


18683752

(A Warrior's Challenge, #2)

I found the first book in the Warrior's Challenge series just a couple of months before Kayla's Fire was released - and it was a good thing seeing there was a cliff hanger, and while I knew that I'd eventually get to that HEA, the wait was hard!! I took a whole Saturday and planted myself on the couch to immerse myself back into Thane and Kayla's world and live with them through all the (crazy-drama-filled-just-wanna-shake-'em) ups and downs. There were several times I was crushed at the whole "oh no! What on earth are they going to have to deal with now??!!" and was just hanging on and begging for some good times for these two! And when they had those good times, whew, were they good and sweet and melt-y in my heart!! Man, did they need to have and store up those good memories for the bad times!! Luckily, Thane realized that with everything Kayla had lived through and was living through, she needed him to never, ever, *ever* give up - and while there were moments where I wouldn't have blamed him for throwing up his hands and saying never mind, he knew that he couldn't live without her and wouldn't ever let her go (even if it appeared he was, cause that's what Kayla said (but didn't really mean) she wanted him to do).

Natasza didn't disappoint in this story - and I'm on the edge of my seat anxiously awaiting the next books in the series!!!

This book has a permanent place on my keeper shelf and will definitely be re-read often! I enjoyed it even more the 2nd time I read it. :)