Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

The SEAL's Promise by Grace Alexander

The SEAL's Promise
Winter's Heat is one of my most favorite books ever, so when I found out there was a "sweeter" version available, I was excited to discover the nuances between the stories. Drake and Tessa's story delivered all the action and anticipation expected and the unique additions/changes made this particular version just that much better.

I loved how Drake and Tessa connected and felt that something-special-spark between them, but yet, had something else holding them back that they had to fight through to claim their happy ever after. And boy, did they have a journey to fight through to get to their goodness. Honor, protectiveness, defending, and healing, they all have their place in this story.

The whole world around the Safehouse Security team and going from rural to urban America, to South America and back again bloomed to life around me as I found myself lost in the story. I loved how Drake and Tessa interacted and fell for each other. I adored the protective instincts that flared to life in Drake and the way Tessa came to life around him. Tessa definitely could hold her own though, and was a fighter from the beginning.


The scruff on his face was a scant thicker than usual, though he liked to keep a menacing shadow. Men backed off, and danger-junkie women gravitated toward him. Win-win.

You just think of me as all brawn, saving that cute butt of yours from thugs.

Their bodies were the right mix of spark and C4. Together, there was the potential for explosions.

Violence had never had this effect on him before. But protecting her, isolating her from dangerous men, made him feel savagely possessive.

"I'm safe. You… Took care of them, just like you said."


And can I just say - that cover is all sorts of yummy hotness! :)