Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Delta: Redemption by Cristin Harber

Delta: Redemption
5+ overwhelming beautiful swoon-y stars for this Aussie and midwest-girl Delta story!

_____

2019 audio book reread
The audio book brought a whole new life to this story, and just like the first time I experienced it, I'm still adoring this story so hard. Plus, new live experiences give a bit different perspective, and Ryder and Victoria's story hit even deeper.

Gotta love when rereads touch you just as uniquely and in a new special way.


_____

Original review.

I should have known better... prepared myself more... but no!! Even though in the back of my head I knew this was a Delta story so something's gonna happen and happen in a big way, I let myself get lulled into a place of comfort and peace despite the struggles/heartache with the first part of the story - until that moment when suddenly the floor dropped out and my happy-place was shattered and off we go on an intense roller coaster ride! I completely loved. Every. Breathstealing. Moment.

I liked loved:

1. How this story fits into the Titan timeline and how we got a taste of both some fun and easy downtime (real life) and then the adventure of work (ops).
2. How Ryder in his uncertainty still gave Victoria exactly what she needed.
3. How Victoria found her strength and stability in herself.
4. TITAN!! Everyone from Colby and Mia, to the Delta team, to Jared and Sugar, from Parker to Cash - they all were there in some way and it was awesome - whether just by their presence or by their actions or their nuggets of "pull your head out of your ***" wisdom.
5. SURPRISES!!! Loads of them! So many good ones sprinkled with shocking ones.
6. How Victoria and Ryder just WORKED -- they are perfection for each other.
7. How swoony sweet Ryder was, and still was all manly tough.
8. How strong and determined Victoria was, but still retaining her feminine vulnerability.
9. How redemption was discovered.
10. All the twists and turns and mystery and suspense and how history formed these two into what they became.
11. Surprises!! Did I mention that? Cause, there's alot there to love!
12. Being with Ryder and Victoria as they found and pursued their hea together.

I disliked:
1. That's it's *OVER* already! goodness!! As much as I want to see what happens, I hate seeing how close to the end I'm getting and maybe found some ways to slow it down a bit! haha! (good thing there's yet another awesome surprise at the end of the book to make up for it!) This is *so* going on my to-be-re-read soon list!

I love cracking open a new Titan/Delta book and getting to connect and fall in love with a new couple and live out their happily-ever-after with them, as well as reconnect with everyone else. Each book is a favorite while I'm there, but I think there's something a bit more special about this book than most of the others. It tugs on my heart-strings. It made me happy-sigh, over and over again. It gave me the omg-how-am-I-gonna-survive-this shakes. It overwhelmed me with beauty and contentment and joyous secret smiles. This is Delta. This is Titan.

----------