Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Margarita and the Hired Gun by Patti Sherry-Crews


29953022


5+ swoon-filled stars!! Seriously!!

(deep breath) oh. my. word.

You know that awesome book hangover feeling you get when you've fallen HARD for both the hero and heroine in a story and you just can't quite start another book yet because your heart is still wrapped up in the pages of the one you finished? Yeah - this story did that to me.

Margarita -- she's like her drink namesake - she sure looks pretty, but wow, is there a surprise punch behind the first yummy lookin' sip! haha! What you think you know about her, you may be surprised after digging just a bit deeper. I ADORED her and found myself wishing that if I could have truly been her, I would have have the same vulnerable sweetness that needed protecting along with the same bad@ssness to hold my own till my rescuer arrived - and just the right mix of innocence and brazenness.

Michael (Rafferty)..... ohhhh, that man!! When we first meet him walking down the stairs in the brothel, his presence overflowed the page and filled the room in real life just as in the book. And I was swoon' with the rest of them. The more I got to know him, the tighter his hold on my heart became - until finally I messaged my friend and said, "That's it -- I'm done *grabby hands* he's MINE." LOL. He was a perfect hero for me: strong, stubborn, protective, bossy, little on the dangerous/bad boy side, but yet also sweet, caring, gentle, honorable, a lot a bit on the swoony side. And can we talk about his scruffy face?!!? (thud)

Watching the relationship grow and bloom between Michael and Margarita was so much fun -- I was laughing, swooning, grumbling, tearin' up as each new drama/danger/situation was faced. Each event organically builds on the next making it so you just gotta keep going and find out what happens next! Watching each individually learn to trust and become a stronger, better version of themselves was natural and beautiful as well.

This is one amazing story that I'm so delighted to have discovered. Margarita and the Hired Gun has totally enthralled me and holds a special place on my favorite shelf. I look forward to rereading their story and experiencing all the thrills and delights over and over again.

And just sayin'... the ending and epilogue: PERFECTION.
.... and I so desperately hope there's a sequel sometime!!!