Pages

Monday, June 18, 2018

Desert Heat by Patti Sherry-Crews

Desert Heat

What happens when you mix up a single mom struggling to make ends meet and protect her and her kid's heart with a fire-fightin' cowboy who's got a soft spot for taking care of others?

Explosions!

I loved this novella-length story that definitely gave me all the fully developed feels of a full length novel! The sparks and attraction between Boone and Angel are obvious, but she's got some major walls up around her that give Boone a challenge. My heart ached watching Angel learning to trust and break through her chains. Boone swept me away with how open and determined he was to win Angel over. The excitement at the end kept my stomach in knots wondering just how things would work out.

If you love cowboys (and seeing them do cowboy things), and love firefighters (and seeing them do their fire-fighting thing), and love single parent stories (and the cute kids that come along with) - this book is for you!