Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Arizona Lightning by Natasza Waters

54556728. sy475
Arizona Lightning is an insanely intense ride that stole my breath away! Mixing a captivating blend of every-day western with a unique vampire world, I stayed enthralled as the story bubbled to life and surrounded me.

I (sometimes grudgingly) enjoyed everything about this story, even the parts that ripped my heart to shreds and scared the crap out of me.  I have been jumping at shadows for a few nights and shed more than a few tears.  But the moments where there was hope, and something precious was nurtured, some laughter slipped out, and the depth of beauty and love in its various forms shone bright, those times made every moment of torture worth it. 

I loved how not only was this the beginning of the story for Ari and Quinn, but we also got to see the bonds of friendship sisterhood (and how honest and real those could be - not everything is peachy) with the three women and abiding bonds of brotherhood with the three men.  Something about that just seems to make the story feel more full-bodied and deeper.  I can't wait to see how all that plays out in the stories to come.  

I could go on about how I bonded with Ari and felt her emotions mirrored so clearly, and wanted to help her find herself again and claim some goodness and comfort for herself.  And how Quinn, being a vampire was perfect (eh, in a way) and I adored his sense of protection, strength, confidence, and encouragement, but also being a male (and ahem, let's not forget, a vampire) was not perfect, and made some decisions and had some reactions that gutted me - even if I understood why.  And how the special bond Ari and Quinn had with each other melted me over and over again.  I could sing to how I fell for a certain other vampire brother and his woman.  I could melt over the precious surprise that arrived and stole hearts so easily.  I could share how I look forward to how things play out with other characters.  But, no matter what I say, the story needs to be experienced in all its glory.  Totally worth taking a chance on something new.

Throw caution to the wind, let go of expectations, and head on down to Arizona where things are sizzling hot on the range.

P.S.  Book two cannot come soon enough - be prepared, just sayin'.  omgoodness.