Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2019

I've Got You, Babe by Lynnette Austin

I've Got You, Babe
I enjoyed this damsel-in-distress and hero-who-needs-fixin' sweet story. I loved everything in how they met, how Tucker's world got tangled up-side-down with the two girls arrival and how quickly the pieces of their puzzle started falling into place. Tucker had some fun quirks and some heavy burdens weighing him down. My heart melted watching him work through his struggles. Elisa carried her own secrets and heavy burdens and found a refuge both with Tucker and in Misty Bottoms while she worked through her own things. I adored Elisa and Daisy's mix of strong and sweet vulnerability.

Despite the times where the story seemed to bog down (with misunderstandings and push/pull reactions), I loved seeing Tucker and Elisa figure things out and how family and friends surrounded them.

This is a great story to fall into if you're looking for good doses of sweet giggles along with angsty moments, and an hea that'll make you happy-sigh..