Pages

Friday, June 7, 2019

Broken Halo by Brynne Asher


43980709

When you pick up this book, be prepared to have your heart twisted and shattered, and then so sweetly and carefully pieced back together more beautiful than before - think kintsugi!


So much of Trig and Ellie's story hit my heart deeply and I felt everything they did, from the pain and confusion and frustration to the relief and peace and happy moments. Trig was amazing with his bad@$$ self in a suit. Loved his confidence, his drive, his way with Ellie (and then with her family). Ellie - you could feel so much of her struggle and pain, how much she was in desperate need of someone to have her back, front, and all over. I wanted to jump into the book and wrap her up in cotton and save her myself. Good thing Trig was better at it and already there. I loved her heart, her passion, her strength.

Another thing that shone through was the depth of love shown from so many people and places, and just what family really means.

I also gotta say - I stinkin' loved whenever Eli and Jen showed up on the pages!

So grab this book and be ready to experience twist and turns, heartache and heart-melting, and a beautiful story that will give you the best kind of book hangover.