Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Lariats, Letters, and Lace anthology

28935217
Mail Order Mix-Up by Kaye Spencer

On a quest to discover more older couple stories, I ran across A PERMANENT WOMAN by Kay Spencer and adored the story. Then, to my delight, I found out that in this anthology, MAIL ORDER MIX-UP told the story of one of the best friends and I couldn't wait to dive in!

Sometimes people think too cautiously (and take too long) for their own good, so three uber-cute granddaughters banded together to get their grandpa a new wife, which of course meant a grandma for them! The history of the main characters softens your heart and has you rootin' for some happy times for Dale and Irene. It's a slow building love story (which perfectly fits with Dale's patient way of thinking and deciding things and Irene's cautious concern) which gives plenty of sweet and charming moments, and then even throws in a little bit of a drama (from outside sources) to keep things moving and exciting.

Loved spending time enjoying Dale and Irene's hea story!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Rest of the anthology is on my tbr pile still.... several more authors in here I'm looking forward to enjoying their stories!