Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Innocent as Sin by CA Asbrey


40726638

CA Asbrey did it again! Innocent as Sin is just as addictive and charming as her debut novel, The Innocents!

I was immediately hooked from the first page and found myself transported back in time to where we left off with Nat and Abi and Jake. We get to dig a little deeper into the history of Nat and Jake and see how their past made them the men and family they became. We also get just a few hints into Abi's past as well. The connection between Nat and Abi is just as, if not more so, magnetic but yet still fragile. But this isn’t just Nat and Abi’s story - it’s also Nat and Jake’s story as well as Jake and Abi’s story. Each relationship individually and collectively is unique and provides a necessary element to the overall story.

This book had me giggling and happy-sighing, tearing up and worrying. The interaction between Jake, Nat and Abi, how their bond was nurtured, strengthened and tested, drew me into the story so strongly that I experienced the same emotions as them. Several surprises leave you struggling to breathe and not shatter into pieces.

The twists and turns of the murder mystery provided its own form of entertaining torture in following and piecing together the clues and trying to pick up on any hints that may be easily overlooked. Just reading about the forensic techniques and tools available at the time boggled my mind in their great but limited results.

Without losing momentum from the first book, this sequel delivered everything I was expecting and more! I am anxiously waiting on pins and needles for the next in the series, and will not shy away from begging for many more to follow! (no pressure! haha!) CA Asbrey quickly solidified herself as one of my favorite authors with the way her words weave and envelop me into her world!