Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Until Susan by CP Smith


36484704

part of the Kindle World: Happily Ever Alpha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EEK! I got the BOOM!

Yeah, so, up until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't read any of ARR's Until books, so I really had no clue what the big deal was about the BOOM. Then when I heard that one of my top favorite authors would be writing in a Kindle World for ARR, I picked up a book and got introduced to the Maysons and to the BOOM. You don't have to have read any of ARR's books if you were in the same boat as me, though. The way this book was written, I learned all I needed to know, although at least knowing a bit of Until November's story line did enhance the scene a bit more.

Anyways! I freakin' LOVED James and Susan's story! CP Smith brought her characters to life in a way only she can and made me fall head over heals for both James and Susan. I wanted to be Susan so I could have all of James' attention directly focused on me. And James is the kind of man I ADORE as a book boyfriend - bossy, strong, confident, devoted (aka, alpha!) and the icing on the cake: got a badge and a gun! The connection between the two of them sparked off the page and made my heart stutter and melt over and over again. I felt everything they did, from the anticipation, the bracing, the joy (oh, was I laughing alot in this!), the fear. It all drew me into their world so that I was stuck there and really wanted to sweetly request (read: demand) for more because I didn't want to hurt from having to close the book on the last page. That's how you know you've discovered an amazing story.

When they're done well, I love prologues and epilogues -- and the way they were done here? PRICELESS! haha! Absolutely stinkin' loved it!