Pages

Friday, April 6, 2018

The Comanchero's Bride by Kaye Spencer

29545546

Consuming intensity.

The Comanchero's Bride quickly kidnapped my attention and pulled me into a consuming intense story.

Elizabeth found her real self and thrived beautifully when she was banished to Texas as a punishment for not following the path laid out by her parents. Her tenacity and loyalty and all-encompassing beauty from inside out endeared her to me.

Mingo, while being a well-off Mexican rancher/landowner, kept his bad-boy, dangerous, fiercely powerful air about him. He was a man with many secrets and a past that created a very special, worthy, and captivating hero. His love and focus and devotion to Elizabeth melted my heart over and over again.

Their journey to their hea was intense. So many trials I didn't expect to see, so many heart-stuttering and shattering moments that tangled me up. Add in a bad-guy story line so rabid I had to pause and remind myself that I would get a happily-ever-after (because... well... read the story and you'll find out!). But intertwined within the pages is an enduring love story that makes you believe that love can conquer all.