Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Review: Danger and Desire: A Romantic Suspense Anthology

Danger and Desire: A Romantic Suspense Anthology
The Guardian by Cristin Harber
Omgoodness, give me spicy sweetness, escape and evade scenes, secrets and truths, dimple-showing laughter, a swoony protective alpha, a sweet and strong and best friend-like leading lady - all that adds up to The Guardian. Loved every moment of this story.

I'm so thrilled Cristin Harber took advantage of the opportunity to give us Jason and Roxane's story because it was worth it! I have to admit, I’ve already re-read this story and have the rest of the Aces series queued up for a reread as well.

While you can read it as a stand alone, you'll want to read The Survivor, as that'll give you another glimpse into their story. I think you may appreciate some of the details of this story better with that basis. Besides, the Aces series is amazing and well worth the time!
Fans of the Titan series will also love this installment, what with some interesting characters showing up and points-of-view being further developed. It sure made me gasp and wanna reread some Titan books.

I love coming back to the Titan world with each new piece we're given. The Guardian adds another fun layer of glittery sprinkles to the richness of the Titan cake universe.

Lawson and Jill by Caitlyn O’Leary
Swoony perfectly sweet! I simply adored this story! Lawson and Jill were perfect together and exactly what the other needed. They both had crushing hurts to sort through and gave each other a reason to truly live again. Lawson was the best kind of bossy alpha, not too much, but just enough, and definitely all protective growly in a good way. Jill was adorable in her kind, sweet, compassion and just how real she was. Love getting to experience another piece of a Caitlyn O'Leary world. They always satisfy me and keep me coming back for more.

This is another story I’ve already reread because I didn’t want to leave it quite yet.

Night Owl by Rachel Grant
I’ve had my eye on Rachel Grant’s Evidence series for a while now, and I finally took the opportunity to try out one of her stories now. I enjoyed how she told Jenna and Brad’s story and made me want to go back and discover more of her stories. I loved how real and open and fun Jenna was, knowing what she wanted, and accepting what she was given. I loved how Brad romanced Jenna as much as he fought against himself about it, but couldn’t deny it. I have a feeling once I dive into more of these stories, I’ll appreciate Brad and Jenna all the more.

Levi by Maryann Jordan
I’ve read and enjoyed a couple of Maryann Jordan’s Lighthouse Security stories and was looking forward to seeing what we’d get with Levi and Claire’s story. Little bit of secrets, little bit of drama, lot of bit of rescue-the-girl, and the same family-got-your-back feel of the LSI team all adds up to an enjoyable little escape.

Scout by Janie Crouch
Talk about packing a punch! I've had a few book friends recommend Janie Crouch stories to me, and I finally took the chance with Scout and now I'm all about diving fully into this series! So much was packed in that I forgot I was reading a novella and totally got lost in the story. All the feels and I loved it all! I agree with Wyatt, Nadine was simply amazing and so strong and gave Wyatt exactly what he needed. Wyatt was pretty amazing in his own way, protective, caring, and all about Nadine.

I feel like I just discovered a new author that’ll end up on my favorite-go-to list with the way the words enclosed the Linear Tactical world around me -- plus, I kinda wanna find that kind of thing for real! Lol

The Rookie by Kimberly Kincaid
This is another new to me author that has come highly recommended and I was glad to try out this story (I actually found out that I’ve read one of her books long long ago, but that was it, so it’s like a re-introduction). I adored the idea behind the story and how (especially in the society/atmosphere we live in today) the hero was a cop (a true hero, imo) and it showcased how much they do and risk to protect us, to stand between us and the evil that’s out there. I loved the way the story flowed and found myself both giggling out loud at times and tensing up at the unknown. The heat between Xander and Tara steamed up the pages and added just the perfect bit of spice and expectation. This is a great beginning setup for a new series.

Desire in DC by Cat Johnson
It was fun getting to go back and read about Missy's parents getting together and seeing the reminder that our parents weren't always parents. What a fun (and for a few moments heart pounding) how I met your mother story.

Breaking Away by Elle James
Loved this story! Toss me in the middle of some action and keep it heart-pounding all the way through! I enjoyed how with this 2nd chance love story, they learned what was important and decided to make things work and allow the other to keep their current dreams alive, and embrace what the future holds. Fun twists and intense moments deliver a terrific story that I'm glad I took a chance on.