Pages

Monday, November 18, 2019

The Savior by Cristin Harber

The Savior
Nov 2019 reread
I don't know exactly what it is that keeps me coming back to this story over and over again, but each time I finish I fall in love just a little bit harder and walk away with something new touching my heart, besides just soaking in the hard fought for happily ever after.

............
Omgoodness y'all. Be prepared. The Savior will capture your heart, wring it empty of every little drop of emotion, then fill it to overflowing with breath-stealing goodness!

Liam and Chelsea's story start out with their world being shattered and learning how to keep living through intense grief. Their intense pain and struggle with healing from that loss mixed with conflict from work related situations that have some scary real-life-threatening consequences just seem like it's too much to deal with, and you find yourself holding your breath waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Liam rocked my world with how much he felt, how deeply he loved, how intensely and deliberately he lived life. Chelsea won me over with her compassion, realness, devotion, and her spirit. Together they find healing, trust, and a crazy fun and treasured love.

Throw in some spec ops missions, shocking revelations, frustrating word games, and a quirky cute lesson in romance and you have a high-charged action adventure along with a captivating love story. Oh, and you can't forget the Titan-esque moments that make you secretly giddy.

Hidden within the pages of this story are several nuggets of truth and tough love and grace. They translate perfectly from the story into the reader's head, settling there and showing the beauty behind the life lessons, and hopefully sinking deep to acceptance.

I was shaken by how viscerally I reacted to this story, soaking up all the emotions and feeling like I was living their journey with them. Words have a power to them, and if allowed, can embed and overflow -- which The Savior did for me.

So, basically -- get this book, buckle in, remember to breathe, turn the page and hang on for an intense ride. You won't regret it.