Pages

Monday, September 16, 2019

SEAL at Sunrise by Caitlyn O'Leary


43490007. sy475

Holy swoony alpha yummy!! Liam makes my heart pitter-patter and melts me with his protectiveness!

Working with members of the Shadow Alliance team, Liam needs just a little more help to figure out the puzzle pieces to a nightmarish evil plan they accidentally encountered. And in walks Addison - the woman who's haunted his past for years. Liam doesn't waste a moment in claiming Addison for his own, knowing that he can't risk losing her again, and finds himself facing the challenge of winning her heart once more.

I adore Addison. She's a darling mix of strong and soft, of vulnerable and determined. She knew herself, survived some hard hits, accepted what she was given, and wasn't afraid to push through the tough to make the good she was after become solid and secure.

Liam is the kind of alpha hero I am drawn to over and over again -- older, confident, strong, protective. He's got the right kind of take-charge attitude to make others heed, but is gentle enough to balance out the tough. He chose what was right over what was easy, and wasn't afraid to fight for what he wanted. I really wanted to become Addison just so I could have Liam's attention focused all on me.

I love the family dynamic that was brought into this story from both Liam and Addison's sides. Although I have to admit, since Deacon is a favorite CO'L character, I was partial to seeing more of him around and giggling at his and Liam's banter.

And can I just say, that last rescue scene? That was a breath-stealing moment of beauty (and anxiety).

Mixing an engrossing bad-guy story line with an irresistible love story, SEAL at Sunrise captivates from beginning to end. I didn't want to walk away and once I finished, I immediately dove back in to reread favorite moments. This is the kind of military romantic suspense love story I treasure and look forward to revisiting often.