Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Prodigal Gun by Kathleen Rice Adams

Prodigal Gun
You know those movies where someone opens a forbidden book or door or game and gets sucked into it? Yup, it happened to me! :) One minute I was in 21st century American heartland, settling down on the deck to start a new book, and the next minute I was transported to Texas, 1877, right before a range war really stirred up the dirt. I was not prepared for the intensity of emotions and connection I would encounter while I experienced this story.

Jessie amazed me with her strength, her grit, her loyalty, her faith, and her unending desire to claim hold of her dreams. Mason's sharp-edged presence called to me (just as much as he called to Jessie) and made me want to help him heal and let go of things and grab hold of his deepest desires. He coincidedly melted me and shattered me with every "Mockin'bird" he uttered. These two lived and breathed out their love for each other, although sometimes to the point of frustration. haha!

Prodigal Gun delivers a captivating story filled with love and passion. KRA has this way of using words to bubble and boil and build her world around you, bringing the characters and setting to life. It's a overwhelming journey you don't want to miss out on.