Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Dearest Darling by Andrea Downing


23348501


Whew, baby!! Talk about getting swept into a story and not expecting the swiftness nor the depth of it! I thought I knew what I was getting into, but this short story delivered with do much more!

I adored watching the slow burn build and Emily and Daniel discovering how much their worlds collided. Emily made me want to slow down even more and appreciate my surroundings and not be afraid to leap into the scary unknown. Daniel swept me away with his honor and respect and desire to do right, even though what he thought was what his heart wanted got flipped upside down and shaken up. There's even a touch of fairytale sweetness included that makes it all the better.

I simply enjoyed the way the story flowed and took me on a charmed ride. If you want a short story that you can sink into and live in for a couple of hours, you won't be disappointed with Emily and Daniel.